+ MB Ersatzteilportal incl. Bilder + Preis
+ MB Betriebsstoff-Vorschriften

Wichtige /8-Links

+ Baureihenübersicht
+ Serienunterschiede

Das Mercedes-Benz /8 Forum

Mercedes Benz /8

Willkommen im Mercedes-Benz /8 Forum.
Hier dreht sich alles rund um die Baureihe W114/115.
/8 Kaufberatung

/8-KnowHow - geballtes Wissen
Hier werden technische Fragen geklärt. Teileanzeigen gehören eins tiefer und werden hier gelöscht!
Öffentliches Forum 
Hallo Besucher!
Hinterachse und Hilfsrahmen wieder montieren
geschrieben von: madmog (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 17. März 2021 14:09

Über den Winter habe ich die Hinterachsen und den Hilfsrahmen mit neuen Buchsen, Bremsen usw. renoviert.

Angesichts der Tatsache, dass ich im Freien wieder montiert werde, was ist der einfachste Weg, um die Hinterachse und den Hilfsrahmen wieder an der Karosserie zu montieren?

Z.B. Sollte ich alles am Hilfsrahmen einschließlich Differential montieren und dann die gesamte Baugruppe mit Buchsen in die richtige Position bringen? Oder ist es besser, zuerst den Hilfsrahmen zur Karosserie hinzuzufügen, dann die Querlenker zum Hilfsrahmen, dann das Differential und die Achsen?

Oder etwas anderes?

Vielen Dank

Over winter I have renovated the rear axles and subframe with new bushes, brakes, etc.

Given that I will be re-fitting outdoors what's the easiest way to re-assemble the rear axle and subframe to the body?

Eg. Should I assemble everything to the subframe including differential then use jacks to raise the whole assembly to the correct position? Or is it better to first add the subframe to the body, then the wishbones to the subframe, then the differential and axles?

Or something else?

Thanks

Anhänge: 1.JPG (276.7KB)   2.JPG (277.6KB)   3.JPG (278KB)  
Re: Hinterachse und Hilfsrahmen wieder montieren
geschrieben von: Mirus (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 17. März 2021 22:10

Hey there Madmog,
I'd definitely want to have the entire subframe fully assembled first, including springs, shocks & wheels. (But wait for other opinions.)

Super-short version how to mount the subframe:
Attach the differential (back end of subframe) first, then pull the whole thing up with the long bolts on the front end of the "boomerang".

Longer version:
Have as many jacks (for your comfort, one of them being a large one), stands, wood blocks and sturdy boxes/crates ready as you can get hold of.
I usually do this on a lift, but it sure is possible without.
Let your lady sit on her sills, high enough to let the springs go under her. Roll the sub-frame under her. Support differential and boomerang ends with blocks or boxes, so that the subframe gets a near-natural posture. Replace middle support with the large jack. Lift differential up, finding the wholes for the shock rods. Crank in differential bolts and screw on shocks, whatever is possible first. Adjust height of boomerang front ends as needed.
Now it gets interesting, because you start compressing the springs, and your toes will not only be smashed to pulp by the weight of the subframe but also the springs if something snaps loose.
Now you need to bring up the boomerang front ends and screw them in. Since I find it quite impossible to push the bolt into the hole, finding the thread, and in the same turn it, while the whole subframe is under tension, I do that by using a telescope jack and attaching a slightly pointed rod on the tip. Prepare bolt, bushing, rubber ring and the triangular fixing in the right order, put a ring spanner around the bolt head and lift the bolt & with it the frame up. Once you feel that the car starts being lifted, start screwing in. Remove jack if bolt has safe grip. The 2 x 2 screws of the triangles come last.
During the whole procedure, it is useful if the car sits at least partially on its wheels, in order to get the geometry right. Remember the subframe HANGS on the large bolts. Once the wheels sit on the ground, they pull the subframe down, away from the body. I made the mistake once to mount it far up on the lift, and ended up with the subframe rubbing against the trunk floor. Don't tighten too far, don't squeeze the rubber rings against the car body, let them just touch the body.

Useful maybe:
Use longer "auxiliary" bolts to start fastening the differential, then replace them with the actual short bolts.
Have ratchet straps ready to pull the subframe in the right place once under spring tension.
Have a second pair of hands to help.

Hope that was more or less comprehensible.
Cheers smile
Jan

2-mal bearbeitet. Zuletzt am 17.03.21 22:13.

Re: Hinterachse und Hilfsrahmen wieder montieren
geschrieben von: madmog (IP-Adresse bekannt)
Datum: 18. März 2021 12:19

Vielen Dank Mirus

/8-Forum is powered by Phorum.